Aruba Targeting U.S. Hispanic Market
• Aruba had not previously focused its attention on any media in the U.S. Hispanic market and thus needed to cultivate new relations with the Latino audience.
• Promote Aruba as a positive destination for Hispanics.
• Secured and coordinated a number of Hispanic media trips to Aruba for on-island activities focusing on Latin-oriented music events.
• Drafted press materials and contacted media months in advance to invite prestigious Hispanic media to Aruba and obtain pre-event exposure. Began distributing press releases in Spanish.
• Secured positive media coverage for Carnival 2001 on Univision's "Despierta America." Coverage was valued at more than $1.8 million.
• Secured positive media coverage for Aruba's Festival de las Americas music festival on Univision's "Despierta America," Telemundo's "Esta Mañanita," Miami's El Nuevo Herald and New York's Diario/La Prensa for three years straight.